Thursday, January 7, 2010

What actions would you take to cope if the US had to cut it's Oil supply drastically - and Lib, Con, or Other?

I all ready rely solely on public transit, but I would reduce my energy consumption and do my best to buy local. DemocratWhat actions would you take to cope if the US had to cut it's Oil supply drastically - and Lib, Con, or Other?
I would take public transportation.What actions would you take to cope if the US had to cut it's Oil supply drastically - and Lib, Con, or Other?
I would rush out to the store and stock up on vaseline.
Put a lock and alarm on the gas cap on my vehicle.
Have you seen the posts, telling of how we now can make fuel out of ordinary saltwater?? In about 2 to 5 years from now, who is really gonna care if oil gets cut down?





Yeah, expect Big Oil to act out in anger--making life tough for us for a brief time. But afterwards, when we use cars running on hydrofuel, WE can then tell OPEC to go to hell!!
I'd continue to do what I've done for the past twenty years: drive less; walk or bicycle more; REduce, REuse and REcycle; set my thermostat lower in winter and higher in summer; stop using plastic bags and other petroleum-based products as much as possible and boycott stores that don't practice and promote energy conservation. -RKO- 09/12/07 (Independent)
Walk and ride my bike more. And laugh even harder at the people who drive suv's and hummergivers.
Buy Harley Davidson shares.
My girlfriend %26amp; I already rely on public transportation %26amp; I ride my bike a lot. We don't have a car. Where we live, everything we need, grocery store, library, restauraunts, shopping centers %26amp; malls is within walking distant or by bus %26amp; we have a great subway system in D.C. also. If we travel to Penn, we rent a car which is every 4 months.
Ride my bike, take the bus, move closer to work, etc.





I would cope though and I don't think that we would be in a crisis for very long. Electric and hybrid cars, motorcycles, mopeds, etc. sales would skyrocket overnight.
We've already moved closer to my husband's office . . . and have banked cash in case of emergency. Democrat
Since I already use the commuter rail and don't own a car--nothing.





We got tired of making Exxon/Mobil richyears ago. We're enjoying putting all that money in the bank, going on vacations, etc.





Let the SUV drivers who have no better sense than to spend their hard-earnedmoney on a gas hog learn the hard way. Its not like nobody's pointed out time and time again how dysfunctional Americans's habits on this issue are.
If it became a real problem, i would move close to work so i could walk or ride my bike there. I would cut down on trips, and buy a smaller car.
Like Charity G my husband and I have stashed cash. We have stopped taking the 4x4 out as often. We have grown our own veggies. Since I work from home(telecommute) and his work is only a few minutes away that is not an issue. We initiate new ideas as they come along. We already live quite green. Though an inconvenience I think we would do OK.


Independent
Personally,I will keep riding my bike to work,while those stepping hard on the gas of their Tanks will reach pre-retirement due to be rendered in a bed ridden or a power-wheelchair,if Lucky.


America and the World has many other sources of Energy,but the owners of the present commodity,have their hands on pulling the reigns of Power,that could lead you out it,and want everyone addicted to their Pumping.Pimp you up as longer as they can.


Like if in a Team,the Water boy is above QB,Coach,President.


Power is addictive too.
We have plenty of oil in our territory but soft,unrealistic,so called environmentalists have caused us to not be able to bring it up!! We have to save the Alaskan Satan fly that is on the endangered list
I drive a hybrid and would probably buy a senior tricycle bike for smaller errands. I live within walking distance of supermarket and other conveniences, so I am a think ahead lucky Democrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment